Purely Simspired
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Sims Into the Future worth it? Banner11
 photo ZombieGameBanner_zps3cf7a9b7.png
Sims Into the Future worth it? Now_hi10

Sims Into the Future worth it?

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Jonny24900
Admin
Admin
Jonny24900

Sims Into the Future worth it? Diamon12
Posts 309

Sims Into the Future worth it? Empty
PostSubject: Sims Into the Future worth it?   Sims Into the Future worth it? Mini_c11Wed Dec 04, 2013 1:51 pm

I've tried looking around on the sims 3 forums but does anyone here have this expansion pack and could tell me if it's worth getting or not? I've gotten Supernatural and Showtime but eventually I just uninstalled them because I needed to free up space on my computer and I realised I just never used them.

So what does everyone think of Into The Future?
Back to top Go down
http://mypage.thesims3.com/mypage/jonny24900
TrinkaLs
TrinkaLs
TrinkaLs
TrinkaLs

Posts 2231

PostSubject: Re: Sims Into the Future worth it?   Sims Into the Future worth it? Mini_c11Wed Dec 04, 2013 8:52 pm

I have it.  I like it, but I haven't had a chance to play it too much yet.

I use a lot of the future decorative stuff in my present day houses.  I like how you don't have to go to the future to enjoy the future stuff.  I love the future hairstyles, makeup, and clothing (its hunger games capital inspired, and there are a lot of geometric cuts to the shaping of outfits).

I've only played the normal future, so I can't say how the other futures are yet.  

I've built a robot.  I like how you can either build up skills to build stuff like traits, or if you have the simoleons, you can just buy what you need.  The robots are impacted by their personality traits.  I haven't played around with them too much, but they are a major improvement over the old robots from ambitions (i think that's the old ones).  I made my robot look like it had lizard scales.  I find building parts confusing because I don't know what I'll need for my robot.  The robots can do a lot of stuff depending on their traits.  I wish I'd tried out more to be able to tell you more about them... I like how (at least one of the ones I played with) can make a holographic form of a person from the present show up in your future, so you can hang out with them.

I find sprites the equivalent of tomagachi (those little digital key chain pets that were popular when I was in the 5th grade).  They are cool when you are young, but as an adult, I find them high maintenance for little enjoyment.  They become annoying really fast.  Fortunately, you don't have to play with them unless you want to.

I haven't done any of the challenges to get a statue yet.

I think it's weird how some future transportation you can watch the person use it the whole way like the hover board or the hover tram.. but if you use the jet pack to go from point a to point b, you just see them go up and then it's almost instantaneous.  I am looking forward to trying the tricks with the jet pack.  I like how the mode of transportation speed reflects a semi reality.  Like hover boards are slow, but jet packs are instantaneous.  I don't like how you have to tell your sim to use a specific transportation or that they have to wear the jet pack in order to use it (its so annoying that they take it on and off when they are walking).

It's pretty easy to build up future tech skills, so that makes it easy to try out new things.

Going into the future isn't difficult.  The future guy has you collect parts for him before you go your first time.  They are really easy to find (they are on your lot).  After your first time doing it, it just gets boring.  

Once you're in the future, you can stay as long as you want.  Pregnant women are stuck either in present or future and they can't use some of the future stuff while pregnant.  You can stay in the future as long as you want.  If you stay there a long time, you will age but when you return, your family will be the way you left them in the present (but you will still be older).  I think I heard something that you can't take your pets into the future.  I couldn't find a school in the future, but I wasn't playing with kids so maybe I missed it (I could always add one to the future world), but I would hate to have my family permanently live in the future and then never go to school.

There are new skills and careers, but I haven't seen if you can do a future career in the present. FYI, you don't go to work (unless you get a new job) while in the future. It's like you don't have a job, but when you get back, you have your old job (I haven't tried to get a future job yet).

Major difference that will impact all your games (but you can turn it off in the options menu), is the new load screens (that might have come if you did the latest patch).  The load screens are find the object games, they earn lifetime achievement points for your family.  But they get old quickly.

If you are like me and you switch back and forth between families, your time machine will be either on the first lot you load your game in, or somewhere in the world.  It will not move around.

Your future generation family members are direct descendants only.  If you play with a large extended family (like cousins, grandparents, basically anyone who doesn't live on your lot), their future generation family members will not exist unless you are playing with them.  The future descendants are impacted by your wealth, home, and whether or not you have kids.  They will live in different locations depending on this information.

I don't think I have played it enough to give a "this is awesome rating," but it certainly isn't awful by any means.  I think like with every expansion, if I play it enough times, it will get old.  But I'm not there yet.  I don't regret getting it.  I still have plenty of hours of game play left before I run out of ways to play it.  It can be played free form or by trying to achieve goals.  I like how it doesn't push you to play the achieve goals way like world adventures did.  I can't wait to try the different futures.  I will share more whenever I get time to play for fun (it will probably be a while).
Back to top Go down
http://mypage.thesims3.com/mypage/TrinkaLs
Jonny24900
Admin
Admin
Jonny24900

Sims Into the Future worth it? Diamon12
Posts 309

PostSubject: Re: Sims Into the Future worth it?   Sims Into the Future worth it? Mini_c11Thu Dec 05, 2013 2:46 pm

Thanks Trink Smile I like that it doesn't push things like world adventures did. That really annoyed me with that game, it's the main reason I don't travel in sims anymore.

I might have to take more of a look into it then.
Back to top Go down
http://mypage.thesims3.com/mypage/jonny24900
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Sims Into the Future worth it?   Sims Into the Future worth it? Mini_c11

Back to top Go down

Sims Into the Future worth it?
Page 1 of 1