Purely Simspired
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Updating Poses for Pose List Banner11
 photo ZombieGameBanner_zps3cf7a9b7.png
Updating Poses for Pose List Now_hi10

Updating Poses for Pose List

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
pepper090889
Founder
Founder
pepper090889

Posts 2172

Updating Poses for Pose List Empty
PostSubject: Updating Poses for Pose List   Updating Poses for Pose List Mini_c11Sat Jan 12, 2013 7:57 pm

A few people have had problems with the tutorial I suggested, so I thought I'd try making one for you guys. If you have any questions, feel free to ask.

What this tutorial will teach you:
-How to get your poses to appear on pose list
-How to package poses together

What this tutorial will NOT teach you:
-How to create poses

What you will need:
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] | [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Step One:
Installation.

Pose Box Flare Generator – Download the file titled “creators_poselistkit.zip”. Unzip the file. Save the folder with all the files onto your desktop or somewhere easy to find.

Step Two:
Thumbnails. With an editing program [Gimp is free and easy to use] make your thumbnails. They should be size 59x60.

Example:
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Save your thumbnails as a png file and name them something you’ll remember. [i.e. pepperpose01, pepperpose02; etc. It helps to name them the same name as the pose tags you made, but it isn’t necessary] Be sure to number them the same as the pose they go with so it’s easier to assign them later.

Step Two:
Open the folder you placed the Pose Box Flare Generator in. Double click the Flare Generator. It will not open anything [though a black box may appear and then disappear]. It will generator a .dll file. Right click the .dll file, choose rename, then copy the number [including .dll]. Close the folder.

Step Three:
Open S3PE. Go to File > Open and go to the folder with the pose box flare generator and other files inside. Open Pose List Template.

Then go to File > Save As and save somewhere easy to find. [I usually save it to my desktop, but you can save it to your mods folder as well.] Name it what you are going to name your pose pack. In order to make it unique, you can add your name after it. [Example: For this pack I’m using LLSpicePosePrize_pepper090889]

Step Four:
Right click on Template.dll with the tag S3SA. Go down to Import DLL and choose the number file you generated.

Yes to commit changes.

Double click the new Template.dll with the tag S3SA. Paste the .dll number into the Name box and click FNV64, then Okay. Do NOT change anything else. Now, double click the Template.dll with the _XML tag and do the same thing. Save.

Step Five:
Go to Resource > Import From File and go to the location you saved your thumbnails. Choose the first thumbnail. [In order to view them, you may need to change the drop down menu next to File Name to All Files. [This is only if you cannot see the thumbnails.]

Open the first thumbnail. A box will pop up. For type, start typing IMAG, three choices should appear, choose the option ending with 4. If you haven’t updated your S3PE, just paste this code into the box: 0x2F7D0004. For name, you will type the same thing you named the thumbnail. So mine will be LLSpice01. Click FNV64 and okay. Do NOT change anything else.

Repeat this step for the rest of the thumbnails.

Step Six:
Right click on the _XML tag and go to Notepad. Copy everything between <poselist> to </poselist>.

After </pose> press enter and paste the text the same number of times as the number of poses in your pack. For this pack, I have four poses, so I will paste it four times. [Not including what was already there].

Starting with the first set of text you pasted, [skipping the text that was already in the notepad] fill out the information.

Key: The name of your poses. [Example: a_LLSpice_pepper01]
Name: Name of the Poses [Example: LL Spice 01]
Creator: Your name [Example: pepper090889]
IconKey: Your thumbnail name [Example: LLSpice01]
Description: Optional – Pose description [Example: Standing Pose]

Spelling is important. If something is misspelled, your pack will not work properly. When you have finished, your notepad should look like this:

Before closing the notepad, go to File > Save. Close and then Yes to commit changes.

Step Seven:

Go to Resource > Import > From Package. Go to the location of your poses. [Mine is still in my mods folder.] Make sure Use Resource Name is checked.

Repeat for all pose tags. [The pose tags are the poses you made]

Your pack should look similar to this, but with different names for the IMAGs and different .dll numbers.

Save the pack.

Step Eight:

Close S3PE. Move your pack to your mods folder [if you haven’t already]. Start up your game and test the pack. If it worked properly, it will appear on the pose list, with the images and information you wrote for it. If some of the poses you already had in your game are missing, you may have missed a step or done something wrong. If the poses show up and work properly with nothing missing, congratulations! You can now upload and share your pose pack.

I may update this if something is confusing or anyone has any questions.

Last edited by pepper090889 on Sun Jan 13, 2013 6:05 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
http://purelysimspired.nstars.org
sugarplumpixies
PS Spawn
PS Spawn
sugarplumpixies

Posts 641

PostSubject: Re: Updating Poses for Pose List   Updating Poses for Pose List Mini_c11Sat Jan 12, 2013 9:40 pm

YAY! I will go try this now!
Back to top Go down
http://themelodylegacy.blogspot.com/
sugarplumpixies
PS Spawn
PS Spawn
sugarplumpixies

Posts 641

PostSubject: Re: Updating Poses for Pose List   Updating Poses for Pose List Mini_c11Sat Jan 12, 2013 9:50 pm

I'm confused with step 4, You said to click template.dll with the tag S3PE, but I don't have that is is template.dll with the tag of S3SA?

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down
http://themelodylegacy.blogspot.com/
bdowg2
Bdowgs Lair
Bdowgs Lair
bdowg2

Updating Poses for Pose List Vip10
Posts 1049

PostSubject: Re: Updating Poses for Pose List   Updating Poses for Pose List Mini_c11Sat Jan 12, 2013 10:37 pm

Love the spice poses
Back to top Go down
http://bdowg2.tumblr.com
pepper090889
Founder
Founder
pepper090889

Posts 2172

PostSubject: Re: Updating Poses for Pose List   Updating Poses for Pose List Mini_c11Sun Jan 13, 2013 6:04 am

sugarplumpixies wrote:
I'm confused with step 4, You said to click template.dll with the tag S3PE, but I don't have that is is template.dll with the tag of S3SA?

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Yes. Sorry about that. That was a typo. Thanks for pointing that out. I'll change it now :D
Back to top Go down
http://purelysimspired.nstars.org
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Updating Poses for Pose List   Updating Poses for Pose List Mini_c11

Back to top Go down

Updating Poses for Pose List
Page 1 of 1